This page details the Aquacooler chiller that provides cooling water to the CryoMech compressors in WG8A.
In 2012 a dedicated water cooled chiller was installed for the vector fridge compressors. It is located in the room above Jack's office.
It is not powered by the UPS - instead there is an automated system for switching over to town cooling water in the event of a power failure. See CryoMechCompressorSwitchToOrFromTownWater
Technical details will go here.
Chiller will stop automatically because of lack of flow. So how to restart the chiller when switching back from town water to recirculation water:
- Open the distribution board (DB-WG8) on the wall
- Reset the chiller by switching the chiller circuit breaker off and on (number 20/22/24)
- Open chiller bypass valves (gently) on the wall to the right of vector computer
- Turn chiller back on ("ON/OFF" button on top of the chiller, a green light should turn on)
- Switch back from town water to recirculation water (see CryoMechCompressorSwitchToOrFromTownWater)
- Quickly (and gently) close the chiller bypass valves before the chiller trips due to lack of flow (within about 10 seconds)
Garry Peacock, UNSW facilities, Capital works
John Chung - UNSW facilities
somebody to be advised - maintenance, problems.
This page is visible by the whole world.