Deep Fryer – Types Available For Commercial Use
Deep fryers are cooking appliances used to deep fry food. There are different types of commercial deep fryers
, each with benefits and drawbacks. They can be electric or gas-powered, tabletop or floor models, and single or double-sided. Some are designed for specific applications, like frying chicken or doughnuts, while others are more versatile. The most common type of commercial deep fryer is the tabletop model. These are small, lightweight units that can be easily moved around the kitchen. They typically have a single basket that can hold up to 5 or 6 pounds of food.
The following is a list of the most common types of commercial deep fryers:
- Countertop deep fryers are small and portable, making them ideal for small restaurants or food carts. They typically have a single basket that can hold up to 2 litres of oil.
- Floor model deep fryers are larger than countertop models and are designed to be mounted on the floor. They have multiple baskets that can hold up to 4 litres of oil each. This makes them ideal for large-scale operations such as fast-food restaurants.
- Tube-type deep fryers are large, floor-mounted appliances with a long, vertical tube in which the food is cooked. This type of fryer is typically used in industrial-scale operations.
- Double-sided fryers are designed for high-volume operations where multiple batches of food need to be cooked simultaneously. These fryers have two identical cooking areas to cook two different types of food at the same time. They also have two baskets, each holding up to 10 or 12 pounds of food.
- Electric fryers are the most common type of commercial deep fryer. They're easy to use and maintain, and they typically have a longer lifespan than gas-powered fryers. Electric fryers come in both tabletop and floor model sizes.
- Gas-powered fryers are more expensive than electric fryers, but they provide more heat and can cook food faster. Gas-powered fryers are available in both tabletop and floor model sizes.
- Ventless Deep Fryer is a commercial deep fryer that doesn't require a ventilation hood. They're ideal for small kitchens where space is limited. Ventless deep fryers come in both tabletop and floor model sizes.
- Specialty Deep Fryer is a type of commercial deep fryer that is designed for specific applications. For example, there are fryers designed specifically for frying chicken or doughnuts. These specialty fryers come in both tabletop and floor model sizes.
When choosing a commercial deep fryer, it's essential to consider the size and type of kitchen where it will be used. Electric fryers are the most common type of deep fryer, but gas-powered fryers can provide more heat and cook food faster. Ventless deep fryers are ideal for small kitchens where space is limited. Specialty deep fryers are designed for specific applications, like frying chicken or doughnuts.
Before you choose a deep fryer for your restaurant or cafe, ensure to ask these questions:
- How much food will the fryer need to cook at once?
- What is the maximum oil capacity of the fryer?
- What type of power supply does the fryer use (electric or gas)?
- Is there enough space for the fryer in the kitchen?
- Are there any specific applications that the fryer needs to be able to cook?
Once you have answered these questions, you will be able to choose the right deep fryer for your business.